Sunday, December 14, 2008

Montana Farmwife

MONTANA FARMWIFE

The day begins with boots and jeans
The cow gets milked and weve got cream

Kids off to school with books in hand
I get on the tractor to work the land

To see the sunrise is beyond any words
The antelope running to gather their herd

There's a newborn baby flying right by me
With eagle abound, what a site to see!

We plant our crop with Lord at hand
Hoping for grain to bless our land

No time for play just time for living
I give my kids the gift of giving

Summer is gone winter is near
No where else I'd rather be... than here.

-Linda in Montana
www.carvinmom.etsy.com


Our thoughts are with our Etsy teammate Linda and her family as they pack up over 100 years of family memories. Their move off the family farm into the 'city' will be a big adjustment for everyone.

6 comments:

Asianexpressions said...

Aside from her artistic talent, Linda is a sweet, loving and kind lady. I hope to meet Linda someday.


Uyen

Tammie Lee said...

Linda,
Your poem is wonderful. You paint a picture of Montana farm life with words that draw me in, I feel as though I am there. I have been reading the team posts about your land. My heart is with you as you make this HUGE transition. And to be doing it in winter.... I feel sad thinking about you leaving your farmland
. May this seemingly sad and most likely overwhelming change end up being a blessing to your family!

Margie, Montanakntrygal's Treasure said...

I love this team. Thank you for being so thoughtful to our family. If everyone doesn't know, my mom is carvinmom and my sister is julianasjammin who are both members of our team. Everyone has been so supportive through this transition. It is a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you and I am so glad I found ya'all!

Margie, Montanakntrygal's Treasure said...

Oh yes, my mom is a poet and has been one for a long long time. She has written poems about the homestead, about my grandmother moving to the homestead and also a mouse ha ha. The mouse poem is actually a poem we should have published. I hear that my cousin is going to illustrate the mouse poem. Give her a few ideas and she is off like a chicken with her head cut off!! he he....

Inquiry Teacher said...

Wonderful, Linda! You are so amazing, just like so many others who give themselves to the land.
I am wishing you all the best to come out of your new 'city' adventure, my thoughts are with you and the whole family.

Juliana's Jammin' said...

You ought to make a Christmas Card with that poem!! Call it "What will I do when I retire!?!"
You really should publish and protect your work, you deserve it,
Your Daughter
Juliana